Welcome back to another Small Press Spotlight featuring more excellent choices for middle grade readers. This week, we take an exclusive look at Alex Schumacher’s debut middle grade graphic novel The Ill-Effects of Pickled Herring, set for publication in September 2023.
Read the announcement recently featured in Publisher’s Weekly:
“Olivia Ngai and Jennifer Newens at West Margin Press have acquired world English rights to Alex Schumacher‘s middle grade graphic novel The Ill-Effects of Pickled Herring, pitched as Raina Telgemeier meets Jeff Kinney from a Jewish author-illustrator. It follows the tumultuous year-long preparation for introverted 12-year-old Micah Gadsky and his outgoing sister Alana’s joint B’nai Mitzvah (Bar and Bat mitzvah), as they struggle to make sense of family changes and their identities. Allison Hellegers at Stimola Literary Studio brokered the deal, for publication in September 2023.”
Schumacher has worked with 215 Ink, Viper Comics, and briefly as a storyboard artist for DreamWorks TV. His The Unemployment Adventures of Aqualung was published in 2013 by Arcana Studios, and other notable works include the weekly webcomic Decades of (in)Experience in 2015 and the monthly online misadventures of Mr. Butterchips in 2016. A collection of the latter was released in July 2020 by SLG Publishing and relaunched as a webcomic in May 2021.
Stay tuned for a first look at the graphic novel’s cover, and check out an exclusive sneak peek at a couple of panels from the book below!
If you live in any part of the United States, you may be able to order Delta 8 THC online. This is because the ingredient is made from cannabis, which is now a Schedule I drug. federally, Delta 8 THC is strictly legal! However, here’s a quick overview of how the law works: Under the 2021 Farm Bill, all hemp-related cannabis, cannabidiol (also known as CBD), and any derivative products derived from it must contain a federal form of government permission. Any company manufacturing cannabis products must register with the United States Drug Enforcement Administration, which means anyone who orders from them, unless they express otherwise, will receive a government stamp of approval for the product.
Although Delta 8 THC gummy bears do not contain THC, they can still be ordered by anyone over the age of eighteen years old. However, if you are worried about consuming cannabis, or you are in serious pain, or are in a rehabilitation facility or mental health facility, you should contact your doctor before taking any medication, and he will most likely recommend that you stay away from any Delta 8 THC products, at all. On top of that, you need to be aware that smoking or eating cannabis can lead to a host of serious side effects, including the development of lungs and liver cancer. However, it is important to note that most Delta 8 THC products do not include any therapeutic value. In fact, many advocates of this cannabis extract claim that it is the safest and most effective natural remedy for any type of chronic or medical condition, including nausea, seizures, glaucoma, and more.
Two brands of Delta THC are distributed by Vapors: One brand is in a gum form, while the other is in a tasty but small cigar-like format, which is easy to carry in your pocket. Both offer a variety of different strains, which are all carefully chosen based on what works best for each individual; thus, there is no concern whatsoever about getting the wrong strain. These two products also work great as a sweetener, and some people even report that they feel more alert and energetic upon having these two products. Delta 8 Thc is an excellent choice for anyone who has been smoking pot for years, as well as anyone who simply need a boost to make them feel more alert and on top of things. If you are looking to try out cannabis, or would just like to try something different to help improve your general mood, Delta 8 THC may be just what you need to regain control of your life.
The Best Delta 8 Products
- * Browse Area 52’s line of delta 8 THC products if you’re looking for a range of terpene-infused delta 8 distillate cartridges, gummies, and tincture available in vanilla and cherry.
- * LAWeekly: Find out where you can buy delta 8 products near me if you are in a rush and want to get some carts or gummies today.
- * LAWeekly: Discover all companies that sell delta 8 THC at LAWeekly and find your favorite.
- * Delta 8 products are low in delta 9 THC and are about half as psychoactive as the original isomer. The best delta 8 products include brands that have third party lab testing and source their delta 8 THC from CBD isolate without bleaches, harsh chemicals, and heavy metals.
Delta 8 THC Gummies
- * Observer writes that the best Delta 8 THC Gummies include brands Finest Labs and Area 52, among MOONWLKR and 3Chi who are the incumbents in the delta 8 THC landscape.
- * SFExaminer has put out their list of the best delta 8 gummies available in June 2021. The brands include Delta Farms and Canna Clear. Read more.
- * HeraldNet has written extensively on the topic of finding the best delta 8 gummies with reviews of the best companies and the unethical brands to avoid.
- * Seattle Weekly has picked the best delta 8 gummies as of June 2021. Brands like Delta Effex, 3Chi, Diamond CBD, and others are mentioned in their listicle.
Delta 8 THC Carts
- * Observer.com has a definitive list of the best delta 8 carts. Their list includes a list of which brands you should avoid due to their lack of third party testing. It is a resource that every first time delta 8 distillate buyer should check out.
- * SFExaminer: Avoid shady brands and stick with the reputable providers named in this article discussing the best delta 8 carts on SFExaminer. The post calls out black market brands and online vendors who don’t provide third party lab test results.
- * Seattle Weekly has a review of the best delta 8 THC carts. They warn vapers of the harms of vitamin E acetate and pesticides found in low quality delta 8 cartridges sold in gas stations and head shops.
- * HeraldNet’s delta 8 carts review differed a bit from the others we looked at. They look at disposable delta 8 THC pens and what brands fill their pens with high quality distillate and those that have too much delta 9 above the legal limit of 0.3% THC.